Thursday, March 24, 2016

Hello Tall Oaks Families,

Despite the declining weather today, I have been thankful that it had been dry up until now. We toured the countryside of Lanarkshire and Ayrshire, visiting different graves of the many martyrs who have died for their unwavering faith in Christ. Among those shot was an eighteen-year-old gentleman whose fiancée had been waiting for him at home. Still others were sixteen-year-old boys, and even children, on whom the soldiers had no mercy. However, God used these horrific situations to bring about the reformation of Scotland, and to the Protestant nation it is today.

Today was our last day in Scotland, which is a very bittersweet thought. I have thoroughly enjoyed our week here, especially the thoughtfulness and kindness from our tour guides, Jimmy and Helen. I have had a fulfilling trip that was both educational in learning about Scotland's reformation history, and adventurous in hiking through the Highlands and sheep fields. Although I am excited to return home to my family and bed, I will miss the stunning landscapes and the many dogs and sheep that dotted the country. I sincerely hope to return to this beautiful land!

Sophia Schmiedel

No comments:

Post a Comment